Registering for this site allows you to access your order status and history. Just fill in the fields below, and we’ll get a new account set up for you in no time. We will only ask you for information necessary to make the purchase process faster and easier.Create an Account
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Information You Provide to Us
Gifts for the Geeks collects information from you when you choose to share it with us. This may include when you use the Services; register or create an account; enroll in one of our loyalty programs; maintain a “wish list”; purchase products or services; request information from us; sign up for our newsletters or email list; enter a contest, sweepstakes or other promotion; fill out a survey; request customer support; or otherwise communicate with or contact us. The information we collect may include your name, physical address, email address, telephone or mobile phone number.
GiftsfortheGeeks.com account user name and password, and photograph. You may also provide us with certain information in connection with specification transactions:
• Information You Provide When You Make a Purchase. If you make a purchase from us, we collect a credit/debit card number and related financial information (such as CVV, expiration date, and billing address.)
• Information You Provide about a Third Party. If you send someone else a communication through the Sites or Apps, such as an invitation to a friend, the information you provide (e.g., name, e-mail address) will be used to facilitate the communication and will not be used for any other marketing purpose, unless such person registers with us or becomes a customer, we obtain consent from such person, or we explicitly say otherwise at the point of collection.
• Information You Provide Through Social Media. We may also give you the option to link to your Facebook or other social media account through a Site or App. When you do, we may automatically receive certain information about you based on your registration and privacy settings on those third-party services. This may include, but may not be limited to, your name, user name, demographic information, updated address or contact information, location, interests, and publicly-observed data, such as from social media and online activity. In addition, we may receive information about you if other users give us access to their accounts, and information about you (such as the fact that you are “friends”) is otherwise accessible through those accounts.
Information Automatically Collected
We may use a variety of technologies such as cookies, web beacons, embedded scripts, or other technologies to collect certain information about visitors to, and users of, our Sites and Apps and interactions with our emails and online and mobile advertisements, and to allow GiftsfortheGeeks.com to keep track of analytics and certain statistical information.
We may acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information that you provide or that we collect automatically (such as information to validate or update your address or other demographic and lifestyle information). We may use this information to help us maintain the accuracy of the information we collect, to target our communications so that we can inform you of products, services, or other offers that may be of interest to you, and for internal business analysis or other business purposes.
For example, we may automatically collect certain information from you, including but not limited to your browser type, device type and model, operating system, unique device identifier of any of your computer(s) or device(s) that are used to access a Site or App, software version, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, geolocation, preferred language, and the domain name from which you accessed a Site or App. We also may collect information about your use of the Sites and Apps, including the date and time you visit a Site or App, the areas or pages of a Site or App that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing or using a Site or App, your GPS location (if you have enabled location tracking on your device), the number of times you return to a Site or App, other click-stream or site usage data, emails that you open, forward, or click-through to a Site or App, and other sites that you may visit.
• Third-Party Service Providers. We may use third-party service providers to support our Sites or Apps. Some of these service providers may use technology such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, Flash cookies, embedded scripts, or HTML5 cookies to receive, collect, and store information.
Information Collected From Other Sources
We may share the information we collect from and about you in the following ways:
• Service Providers: We may share your information with third-party service providers that provide business, professional, or technical support functions for us (including to the extent necessary or desirable to fulfill or ship your order or complete your transaction), help us operate our business and the Sites and Apps, or administer activities on our behalf. We do not authorize these third-party service providers to use or disclose your information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
Cookies, Tracking Options, and California Do Not Track Disclosures
Certain parts of our Sites and Apps require cookies. You are free to set your browser or operating system settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features on the Sites or Apps or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Please refer to your browser’s or operating system’s website or “Help” section for more information on how to delete and/or disable your browser or operating system from receiving cookies or controlling your tracking preferences.
We provide our customers with the opportunity to opt out of having their information used for purposes not directly related to placement, processing, fulfillment, or delivery of a product or service. To opt-out of marketing communications, you may use one of these convenient methods:
Any information you may disclose on our Sites or Apps, in blogs, on message boards, in chat rooms, or on other public areas on the Sites or Apps or other third-party websites that the Sites or Apps may link to, becomes public information. Please exercise caution when disclosing personal information in these public areas.
We have taken certain physical, administrative, and technical steps to safeguard the information we collect from and about our customers and Services users. While we make every effort to help ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee our security measures. When you provide sensitive information (such as credit card information) via the site7. DATA STORAGE
Your personal information may be stored on servers in the United States and is subject to the laws of the United States, where the data protection and other laws may differ from those of other countries. Your personal information may be disclosed in response to inquiries or requests from government authorities or to respond to judicial process in the countries in which we operate.